Bio-Rad is looking for an accountant. This role is responsible for working collaboratively with multiple groups within the Shared Services Organization. This individual is a key member of the RTR Team and he/she must be detail-oriented and be able to demonstrate strong teamwork/communication skills. This position reports to the RTR Accounting Manager.
- Perform month, quarter, and year-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations to maintain an efficient and accurate close process.
- Preparation of fluctuation analyses, provide relevant explanations to Senior Management.
- Ensure proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements where applicable.
- Process journal entries received from other finance groups (GSC, GCO, CORP, Group Finance, Tax).
- Responsible for A/R lockbox clearing, cash transactions/Treasury module related reconciliation, fee accruals etc.
- Prepare multiple journal entries for cash clearing and month-end close adjustments.
- Assist with the preparation of Financial Reporting deliverables (M-schedules and Q-schedules).
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of audit requests throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Working experience in accounting or finance a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with SAP, Cadency or a large-scale ERP a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork & organizational skills.
- Energetic, driven and dedicated.