We are looking for a full time Mobile Phlebotomist (40 hours per week) in (Enter Location).
Standard Hours of Operation are Monday – Friday, 5am – 4:30pm; flexible weekend and early hours may be required.
· Monday –Friday
· Tuesday – Saturday
· Sun – Thursday
· 5 AM – 1:30 PM
· 6 AM – 2:30 PM
· 7 AM – 3:30 PM
· 8 AM – 4:30 PM
The Mobile Phlebotomist will serve patients by collecting and/or preparing specimens for laboratory testing and performing screening requirements. The Phlebotomist shall draw appropriate quantity of blood samples and/or collect other specimens while creating an atmosphere of safety, trust and confidence in the patient’s home or place of employment. The Mobile Phlebotomist will be responsible for timely centrifuging of specimens as appropriate and delivery or mailing of specimens to the laboratory.
Duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Using superior customer service, greet customers appropriately, show proper identification, follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures regarding entry of patients’ homes or places of employment and all required proper personal protective equipment.
- Successful performing and completing of blood draws, collecting various specimens, properly labeling specimens, timely centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, and documenting and updating patient information, as appropriate.
- Setting up area for collection. Collecting specimens according to established protocols and procedures. Properly explaining in a clear and courteous manner to each patient the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required. Reducing patient anxiety by providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after the collection process.
- Successfully utilizing techniques using appropriate collection methodology, which may include straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
- Fully understanding and following all of the healthcare providers’ orders.
- Matching patient identifiers on the laboratory requisition forms to specimen collection tubes. Labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by each test order.
- Checking all test requisitions or computer label against the order to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Storing specimen sample according to required temperature, placing samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labeling, following different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
- Timely and safely transporting specimen to proper drop off locations.
- Installing and operating a mobile centrifuge.
- Driving with another adult person, at the sole discretion of the company, as a part of organization’s quality assurance, quality improvement or research activities.
- Operating mobile apps and software in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
Training and regulatory requirements:
- Understanding and complying with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) rules and regulations.
- Timely completing all required on-boarding, monthly or as assigned, and annual organizational trainings.
- Complying with requirements for employee monitoring technology utilizing GPS tracking of real-time location of employee, during hours that the employee is performing job-related duties, for employee’s safety and security, to ensure operational efficiency and appropriate staffing to meet patients’ needs, and provide high quality patient experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Phlebotomy Certification for the state where you will be employed as required (CA & LA require license, FL requires certification)
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant work experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced laboratory or hospital setting.
- Superior customer service skills, clear communications skills, and ability to show empathy and respect for patients’ privacy and autonomy.
- Excellent patient interaction skills in person, via email or text, and by phone.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Reliable personal, clean, properly insured vehicle with capability to comfortably accommodate a mobile centrifuge and another adult passenger.
· Possess a valid and non-expired driver’s license issued in the state of residence.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to work with remote equipment, including but not limited to mobile devices/tablets and applications.
- Must be flexible with work schedule, and
- Able to pick up 20 lbs.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and MVR.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer