Memorial Hospital Belleville is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services plus critical and emergency care including Children’s at Memorial for pediatric emergency care. It provides patients a full complement of diagnostic and treatment services as well as heart and vascular care. Memorial, offering medical and surgical services plus critical care, is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and is designated as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In addition, Memorial Belleville recently was accredited by the American College of Radiology as a designated Lung Cancer Screening Center.
Since 2008, it has been designated as a Magnet®-recognized organization for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Provides skilled treatments to patients as prescribed by the physician and directed by a licensed physical therapist as specified in their health care service setting.
- Implements treatment plan as developed by the licensed physical therapist.
- Collaborates with the licensed physical therapist on an agreed upon frequency to assess and reassess patient’s plan of care, treatment goals and interventions.
- Documents patient progress in daily notes and weekly notes (as applicable), as well as contributes recommendations to patient’s discharge note from physical therapy.
- Assists with guidance for clinical fieldwork students under the supervision of the physical therapist.
- Reports on interventions and patient progress during assigned meetings and contributes to the screening and evaluation process.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Associate’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy Assistant license
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
– Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
– Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
– 401(k) plan
– Tuition Assistance
– Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
– On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
– Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer