Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children’s Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
Provides skilled physical therapy services to patients including all aspects of evaluation and treatment.
- Establishes treatment plan and provides treatment, considering discharge needs; expected discharge functional status; and appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Educates, collaborates with, and conferences with patients, families, and other health care providers; making recommendations for referrals to specialists as needed.
- Delegates to assistants, techs, and students through written and verbal communication including determining the skill level or competency required to provide interventions to best meet the needs of the patient.
- Completes documentation in accordance with departmental policies.
- Provides assessment, reassessment, and/or consultations for Physical Therapy Services.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Physical Therapy (PT)
- Physical Therapist License
- Master’s Degree – Physical Therapy (PT)
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
– Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
– Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
– 401(k) plan
– Tuition Assistance
– Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
– On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
– Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer