As the Associate Business Analyst, you will be responsible for creating reports, ad hoc data analysis and other business intelligence related tasks to support a global operations team servicing one of the largest financial institutions in the world. You will be extracting and transforming data using SQL, leveraging advanced Excel features and Python for data analysis, and producing clear business intelligence and actionable information into visually appealing reporting.
Primarily Roles & Responsibilities
- Deliver reports and dashboards supporting the business needs of Black Box’s global operations team.
- Work closely with all levels of management to prioritize business and information reporting needs.
- Analyze current business and reporting processes and look for means to improve efficiency.
- Build and maintain Python/SQL reporting pipelines
- Continually train and elevate skill level with the various applications used by the wider organization.
- Create documentation for internal tools and processes
- Support Quality Assurance testing involving external stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Requires professional communication skills with the ability to gather detailed business requirements at all levels, internal and external.
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task demanding priorities; effective use of resources see projects through to completion.
- Passionate and data-driven approach, continuous improvement minded
- Experience communicating with stakeholders of all levels using analytics / reporting / visualization tools
- 1 year of SQL experience
- 6+ months Python experience preferred (familiarity with Pandas highly preferred)
- Experience creating interactive dashboards (Tableau)
- Experience with version control a plus (ie. Github)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related field preferred
- Prior professional experience in Data Analysis preferred