The Data Center Infrastructure Manager will provide technology infrastructure support through knowledgeable and competent staff that are committed to achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction. In addition, he/she will provide cost effective and high-quality support that increases reliability, redundancy, and uptime, while mitigating risks to customers.
Responsible for the coordination, provisioning, and installation of equipment at all data center locations.
- Electrical Over Site:
o Monitor and support UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply)
o Monitor and support generators for backup power
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning) Over Site:
o Monitor and support Chiller
o Monitor and support CRAC (Computer Room Air Conditioner)
o Manage and support Environmental Monitoring Management system
- Senior management reporting:
o Provide monthly review of current systems health at all data centers
o Forecast resource consumption, and identify to management major system changes needed.
o Act as liaison between TIO, building management, and the banks’ facilities departments to communicate the need for change and to identify any risks.
o Work with all relevant sub contractors to manage change without impacting TIO production devices.
o Work with the TIO install teams and change board to ensure facilities projects are completed on time.
- Risk Management/ Mitigation:
o Identify and manage technology risk. Continually assess risk, identify plans to address and execute plans. Include quality, reliability and regulatory risks.
o Work with all TIO project teams to evaluate and mitigate risks associated with the implementation of new systems into the existing data center.
o Review and approve all requested building system changes (CECC) and process into the change board process.
- Resource Provisioning:
o Allocate space, electrical, and A/C resources for each new hardware device requested to be installed at the data centers.
o Review the current systems weekly and update Peregrine with the changes affecting the infrastructure in the last 7 days.
o Design, order and install new infrastructure for future TIO project installations in advance of future needs.
- Floor Plans:
o Update and provide to TIO project teams and managers, data center floor plans for all racks and stand-alone devices located on the raised floor in the managed rooms.
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering, or equivalent education and work experience
- 10 years of experience in Data Center Infrastructure Management
- Ability to work remotely and on-site
- Meet customer needs by finding cost-effective, high-quality solutions to service and technology demands.
- Achieve peak availability and uptime without sacrificing quality or commitments to customers.
- Continually improve Operational functions and capability to ensure availability of systems and processes required and in support of bank operations
- Share and communicate information easily to customers
- Validate daily change activity within data centers environment for impact and approval and participate, observe, implement and track changes as defined within DCIM
- Ensure all DCIM documentation is maintained and current
- Encourage and promote MUFG employees, contract staff, and vendors to work together, aggregating resources where possible to meet all needs
- Participate and influence system development activity to ensure operational consistency, capabilities, and standards are met
- Participate in change process to ensure operational considerations have been addressed
- Provide ongoing training with support level departments
- Establish process controls and policies and communicate expectations to customers