The Project Coordinator will perform day-to-day project coordination work activities using NACS PMO standards, processes, methodologies and systems. Support planning and coordinating activities of client delivery projects to help ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within the established time frame and budget parameters. Monitor plans and activities pertaining to client delivery projects ensuring that project tasks are completed as scheduled and report status to project manager. Perform project activities and related documentation, ensuring the quality and integrity of the information and providing consistency in content and “look and feel” within a given project. Work closely with the project management and field service operations teams to utilize project tracking/management tools and search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of project coordination activities to meet business needs. Work collaboratively across all levels and departments of the organization and ensure a seamless transition of work activities to execute operations functions.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute NACS PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project coordination activities.
- Maintain project specific documentation and records involving multiple contributing teams.
- Coordinate projects and events and maintain communication with all parties involved.
- Communicate with stakeholders, project teams, management and vendors to collect project related information to keep accurate, up-to-date project records.
- Analyze project data, including analysis of budget, resource utilization and project delivery performance.
- Prepare a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports for PMO and operations management and distribute project related data and documentation as appropriate including budget data, project status reports, vendor information, requirements documents, policies and procedures documents.
- Prepare meeting agenda and presentations for communication of project information to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project work schedules and supporting change control documentation.
- Act as liaison and primary point of contact for various contributing parties.
- Contribute to project specific tasks such as requirements gathering and testing as required.
- Foster collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute project coordination activities and company priorities.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Accountability – Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one’s own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in organization’s success.
Attention to Detail – Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it. Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others’ work. Completes all reports and documents according to procedures and standards.
Customer Focus – Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one’s own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
Interpersonal Relationships – Thinks carefully about the likely effect on others of one’s words, actions, appearance and mode of behavior. Maintains stable performance and emotional control when faced with opposition, pressure, hostility from others and/or stressful conditions. Demonstrates appropriate and professional behavior at all times. Uses a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others. Models and exercises sound judgment regarding personal conduct.
Results Focused – Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization’s strategic plan.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years Project Coordination experience within the technology services industry.
- Knowledge of project management and technical documentation tools.
- Knowledge of standardized project management methodologies and processes.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall quality of delivery.
- Strong analytical skills including requirements documentation, troubleshooting and creative problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships between project teams, stakeholders, management and vendors.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, MS Project, PPM tools, ERP, Salesforce.com, workforce management and cloud based technology systems.
- Does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers’ business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
What’s in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You’ll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You’ll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world’s most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you’ll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box® is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.