If you are a Project Manager looking for an exciting, fast-paced role, look no further! Black Box is hiring a Data Center Project Manager as part of our strategic growth initiative.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing all aspects of the projects assigned in terms of revenue value and complexity. The PM has ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of assigned projects, where success is defined as on schedule, on budget, within the approved scope, and with a high degree of quality. The PM is the main point of contact with the client and is responsible for customer satisfaction on assigned projects. In this role, the PM is responsible for project revenue forecasting, profitability, cost, quality, and schedule. Additionally, having a consultative approach to the client is required in this role.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities are:
a) overall leadership, direction-setting, delegation, and decision making for the onsite Data Center team,
b) to be the onsite point of contact to lead the data center build project,
c) to ensure success of the project by making key decisions and balancing workload,
d) to develop and execute consistent and repeatable runbooks, processes, and tools,
e) to be able to track to a Balanced Scorecard with critical KPIs, and
f) to establish and maintain strong relationships with the client leadership team.
- Execute PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including: scope definition and management; task and resource scheduling; cost and price budgeting; quality review and assurance; client relationship management; project team management; and overall change management.
- Mentor and manage the delivery and execution of data center project through a balance of best-in-class and pragmatic project methodologies and practices that achieve KPIs and meet or exceed business results, client satisfaction and SLAs.
- Direct all phases of project from inception through completion.
- Develop and administer the budgets, schedules, and technical performance standards.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Oversee the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Act as primary customer contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with clients to discuss overall performance.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the project from technical, professional, or administrative areas.
- Issue and communicate project status to leadership, steering committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Onboard team members to the program, facilitating orientation and training on key processes and tools.
- Manage project issues/risks in a timely manner, escalating when necessary.
- Foster collaborative working relationships within Data Center Program & Operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute program management activities and company priorities.
- Promote continuous growth of project management practices within the organization to achieve client and organizational objectives.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Act as point-of-escalation for the project.
- Manage change control process and scope in accordance with mutually agreed Change Management process.
- Manage Project control fundamentals: monitoring, anticipating potential problems, identifying project conflicts, taking corrective action, resolving issues, managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget, project reporting, quality review and assurance. Issue and communicate program status to leadership, steering committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Area of Study / Degree: BA, Project Management, Engineering, IT or business is desired but not required
- Certifications Preferred: PMP, RCDD, DCDC
- 10 years minimum work experience
- 7+ years’ experience managing large-scale / Hyper-scale data center implementations
- 5+ years’ experience working with General Contractors and other trades.
- Consulting experience a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of large-scale (i.e. > 500,000 sq. ft.) data center infrastructure (i.e. structured cabling, networking, rack-and-stack, etc.), gained from prior experience as Project Manager working in the data center environment.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and delegation skills are a must. The work environment is a high-paced environment and will require a poised, strong leader to keep the team ontrack, motivated, and moving in the same direction.
- Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience within the technology services industry which includes: overseeing multiple prime contracts; preparing and delivering briefings and recommendations to leadership on a regular basis; managing complex customer requirements across all aspects of cost, schedule, and quality.
- Strong working knowledge of both Waterfal and Agile project management philosophies and the ability to incorporate both into the project as needed.
- Strong understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) and experience in EVM tools, particularly Primavera P6.
- Strong decision making and delegation skills. Need to be able to make key decisions on the fly and delegate work appropriately when faced with time constraint challenges and changes to the project schedule.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, risk management, product management, negotiation & decision making, ability to work and motivate in a team environment and overall change management.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to plan/organize workloads.
- Excellent professional service philosophy and understanding the challenges in providing superior customer experience at a national level while controlling costs.
What’s in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You’ll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You’ll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world’s most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you’ll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box® is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.