The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager plays an important role in Black Box’s data center deployment program by monitoring all phases of the project to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customer. The goal of this position, is to assure the high quality of our operations and services leading to the long-term success of our business.
Some of the key responsibilities include, developing a Quality Assurance Plan to support the program, executing Quality Control (QC), and the development and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI).The ideal candidate will have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to Infrastructure quality problems.
• Develop overall quality plan to support the data center rollout, including quality around technical delivery, logistics, inventory controls
• Develop and maintain Noncompliance Register
• Reviews requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Creates detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured installation and test plans.
• Estimates, prioritizes, plans, and coordinates quality control and testing activities.
• Designs, develops, and executes QA scheduled reports (e.g. defects, installation deficiencies, project timelines and project level QA measurements)
• Identifies, records, and documents thoroughly and tracks deficiencies and corrective actions.
• Performs thorough review of all testing documentation.
• Monitors and inspects all operations that affect quality to align with industry and customer standards.
• Facilitates communications with internal and external teams to identify system requirements, failures, and process improvements.
• Monitors corrective action process results.
• Investigates the causes of non-conforming products and trains users to implement QC solutions.
• Tracks quality assurance metrics, such as defects, marginal results, and project specific KPI’s.
• Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Maintains all testing documentation.
• Trains installers, where necessary, on testing methodologies.
• Assists Project Manager with reporting requirements.
• Develop Quality plans and run books.
• Oversee testing and installations
• Additional duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Proven work experience in Infrastructure deployment.
• Proven work experience in Infrastructure quality assurance.
• Strong knowledge of Project/Construction QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Hands-on experience with QC implementation.
• Solid knowledge of testing and installation methodologies.
• Excellent MS Office and database skills.
• Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills.
• Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management and decision making.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Additional Ideal Qualifications:
• Experience working in a data center builds
• Experience with fiber and copper performance testing
• Certifications in QC is a strong advantage.
• RCDD and DCDC preferred
• Strong Knowledge of TIA and NEC Standards.
• Strong knowledge of BICSI and Data center installation standards.
• This position leads technical QA team but has no direct reports
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
• Construction site environment- exposure to extreme heat or cold, loud noise, uneven ground
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
What’s in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You’ll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You’ll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world’s most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you’ll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box® is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.