At BlackRock we are a fiduciary to our clients, which means we look out for their best interests. Our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being.
We are passionate about our work. But we’re also passionate about having a life. From financial wellness to personal wellness, we offer a wide variety of strong work/life support for you to achieve the highest quality of life. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible Time Off
- Summer Fridays
- 401k matching
- Phenomenal company culture
Want to use your unique background to make an impact on the clients we service in a culture that flourishes on quality, innovation, collaboration and accountability? Do you thrive in a data environment where analytical and problem resolution proficiencies are key? Are you looking to advance your career? Look no further. At BlackRock, we are seeking an Investor Services Representative who is curious, collaborative, analytical, and hardworking to become part of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, inquisitiveness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
The Investor Services Representative will work at BlackRock’s Service Center, based in Boston. The team of Representatives is responsible for providing the highest quality customer service to shareholders, prospective shareholders, and Financial Professionals. The Service Center professionals deal with issue resolution, build and manage relationships with clients through verbal and written communications and partner with departments throughout BlackRock.
- You will respond to telephone inquiries regarding account status (i.e. account balances, trade / maintenance history, etc.), legal requirements, fund operations, and information on BlackRock products such as service options, fund performance, pricing, yields, portfolio characteristics, historical figures, tax implications, and other mutual fund specific information.
- You will assist customers with accessing and navigating the website and voice response unit.
- You will work in conjunction with other departments within the Shareholder Services area in order to meet departmental quality standards and ensure a smooth flow of operation.
- You will process telephone transactions as requested by shareholders or their representatives using the on-line transfer agency system. Transactions include (but are not limited to) redemptions, exchanges, adjustments, and account maintenances. Check work to ensure accuracy of transactions.
- Additionally, you will work on report distribution, researching account inquiries utilizing various resources, responding to written customer inquiries, and assisting other departments.
- Run ad-hoc projects assigned by supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Desire to learn mutual fund industry from ground up (some knowledge of industry is a plus)
- Ability to effectively work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to interact as a team member and maintain a flexible demeanor
- Ability to work flexible hours (shifts are 8:30am-5:30pm and 9:00am-6:00pm), including limited overtime when vital
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.