Role: BXTi – Data Analyst
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $649 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Technology and Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Blackstone is seeking a Data Analyst to support Blackstone’s key data initiatives. As a member of Blackstone Technology’s Liquid Markets and Data Architecture group, this team member will be an active participant in valued analytical initiatives within the firm, responsible for solving complex business problems with data.
· Generate analysis, data visualizations, and automate reporting to drive business initiatives
· Develop and support our python-based data intelligence platform, focus on analytical deal analysis, investment processes, and monitor of current allocations
· Gather requirements from business stakeholders to understand their processes in order to plan and deliver data focused solutions
· Manage multiple projects and deadlines, identifying paths forward and solutions
· Grow a culture of data science within the firm, including leading Tech Talks and occasional training sessions.
· Additionally, you will use new and open-source technologies to develop proof-of-concept tools, such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, GraphQL and other web platforms
· Possess keen interest in financial markets with an ability to step in and work directly with business stakeholders
· Have a strong SQL background in addition to an understanding of modern data warehousing techniques and best practices
· Experience with Tableau or other BI software
· Python – fluency in analytical toolkit (NumPy, Pandas, etc.)
o Preferred experience with python dashboarding libraries – Panel or Dask
· Strong foundation in statistics and mathematics
· Comfortable working with, and combining, disparate and diverse data sources
· A strong intuition for analytical methodologies and desire to solve novel technical challenges
· Communication skills
o Verbal – An ability to communicate and relate to both business and technical coworkers
o Written – An ability to author documentation appropriate for a range of audiences: the business stakeholders, technical community, and upper management
· Time and Task management – An ability to manage multiple priorities and raise issues in a timely and productive fashion
How a Blackstone Innovations career will have an impact on you:
- You’ll be paired with an experienced technical mentor who will advise and coach you as you develop your skills
- You’ll get involved in recruiting in order to help build a world-class team
- You’ll attend (and host) virtual technology events and meetups with your colleagues
- You’ll take advantage of many training opportunities
- Great benefits: 401(k), health insurance, paid vacation
- Great perks: Gym discounts, free drinks/snacks/lunch, standing/treadmill desks, focus rooms