Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $619 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Insurance Solutions, New York
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Insurance Solutions (BIS) delivers Blackstone’s private credit and investment management expertise to insurers, helping those firms meet long-term policyholder obligations and drive shareholder value. BIS partners with insurers to deliver customizable and diversified portfolios of Blackstone products from our investment grade private credit, private equity, real estate, and hedge fund solutions platforms, as well as the option for full, outsourced management of insurance companies’ investment portfolios.
Insurance Solutions – 2022 Summer Analyst
Blackstone’s Insurance Solutions Group offers summer analysts the experience on a professional team whose work involves delivering Blackstone’s investment management expertise and products to insurance companies. Summer analysts at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of investing and can expect to be staffed on a number of transactions at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, summer analysts are expected to assume integral roles on deal teams.
· Support portfolio management team on portfolio construction and asset allocation
· Generate reports to track market conditions to inform tactical asset allocation discussions
· Partner with portfolio management team to produce materials for investment portfolio reviews
· Performing ad hoc portfolio analysis to support needs of insurance clients including M&A activity
· Collaborate with Blackstone’s business units to develop bespoke investment solutions across fixed income and alternative products
· Construct detailed financial models and valuation analyses
· Conduct insurance industry research and analysis
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
· Prior investment banking, insurance, or asset management experience preferable
· Strong accounting and financial modeling skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work well in a lean team environment, often under pressure
· Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, and positive attitude
To be considered for the 2022 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.