Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $619 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Private Equity Energy Partners, New York
Blackstone Energy Partners is Blackstone’s energy-focused private equity business, a leading energy investor with a successful long-term record, having invested over $17 billion of equity globally across a broad range of sectors within the energy industry. Our investment philosophy is based on backing exceptional management teams with flexible capital to provide solutions that help energy companies grow and improve performance, thereby delivering cleaner, more reliable and affordable energy to meet the needs of the global community. In the process, we build stronger, larger scale enterprises, create jobs and generate lasting value for our investors, employees and all stakeholders.
Private Equity Energy Partners – 2022 Summer Analyst
Blackstone Energy Partners offers Analysts the chance to engage in the acquisition of companies across the energy value chain and a variety of transaction structures. The investment process develops both the financial analysis of investment banking and the strategic thinking of management consulting. As result, this Analyst program offers a unique experience, enabling our Analysts to develop a well-rounded and comprehensive skill set.
Analysts at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of a given project and be staffed on a number of assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts can assume integral roles on deal teams. Analysts are involved with the diligence, evaluation, structuring, and financing of transactions and regularly attend internal meetings, management sessions, and negotiations.
· Investment research
· Financial analysis, valuation, and LBO modeling
· Industry and competitive analysis
· Business diligence
· Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
· Assistance in the execution and financing of transactions
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· A desire to work in a team environment with dynamic roles
· A basic knowledge of accounting and finance (including financial modeling)
· Self-motivation to find solutions independently, and humility to acknowledge limits and uncertainties
· Sincere commitment to personal and professional development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good judgment
To be considered for the 2022 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.