Why Intern at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices.
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This ten-week paid internship is located in Chicago, IL or Richardson, Texas
What Are Your Responsibilities?
-The intern will work with Associate Test Engineers to assist in the creation of automated test scripts for new or ongoing projects.
-Tasks may include attending daily stand up calls, reviewing user stories, modifying, editing and updating new and existing test scripts;
– Assisting with meeting facilitation including the recording of meeting minutes
– Execute various systems, integration, regression, and ad-hoc tests according to test plans
– Ensure the creation of weekly testing dashboards – reports on test preparation and execution status
– Raise issues and risks to testing timeline such as deliverable hand off delays, environment readiness issues, etc.
– Manage defect reports for issues found during testing, and provide accurate testing status to project stakeholders
– Attend daily status phone calls with Test Engineers to report testing statuses and issues
What Do You Need To Be Successful? (Preferred)
–Demonstrated interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
–Strong analytical skills
–Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, and Access
-Knowledge of technologies testing.
-Knowledge of application and infrastructure integration.
-Knowledge of SDLC Methodology – Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development.
-Knowledge of ITIL.
-Knowledge of code versioning / code merge.
-Knowledge of Iterative / Agile / Scrum development.
-Knowledge of mobile testing.
-Knowledge of ALM/SQL/SDM.
-Knowledge of performance center.
-Knowledge of HP LoadRunner, QualityCenter and other QA and testing tools.
-Knowledge of web technologies – HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHP/Ruby/C#.
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
– Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or STEM related field
– Graduation date between December 2021 – June 2022
– A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
– Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
– Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
– Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
– Challenging real-world hands-on project
– Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
– Professional development workshops
– Business Resource Group involvement
– Volunteer activities
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.