Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This Position will be located in Chicago or Richardson
What Are Your Responsibilities?
*Leads the development of functional and non-functional business requirements.
*Works with the Business Solutions Lead to understand business strategy and translates strategy into product requirements.
*Creates future-state enterprise business capability models and processes for simple products/ portfolios
*Proactively engages stakeholders to develop business requirements using both traditional and iterative methodologies
*Performs moderately complex portfolio management activities by applying basic knowledge of the portfolio
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, Business, Healthcare management, Statistics, Computer and information science, or industrial engineering
*Graduation date between December 2020 – June 2021
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Clear, Concise Verbal and written communication
* Uses existing procedures to solve routine or basic problems
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
* Health Insurance and/or Pharmaceutical Industry experience or knowledge a plus
* Demonstrates eagerness to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve customers’ needs effectively. Has the desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively
What Does the New Grad Program Entail?
* Formal Orientation to build business and industry acumen
*Challenging real-world hands on projects
*Quarterly networking opportunities and professional development workshops among peers and company leaders
*Business Resource Group involvement
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.