Graphic Design Intern
We are hiring a graphic design intern with a desire to create social media content that appeals to Gen Z! You will work closely with our Digital Marketing Manager to produce compelling original brand content such as graphics, illustrations, motion graphics, and memes, primarily for the @bluefever Instagram account.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in creating content to support our high school community members’ self-love, mental health and wellness journeys, and is a regular user of Instagram (TikTok a plus). The right candidate will proactively iterate off of Gen Z culture/trends to ensure Blue Fever leads across the industry in engaging our core audience.
Blue Fever is creating an online space for teenagers that increases belonging, builds resilience and reduces overwhelm. We have successfully done this with over 350k+ Gen Z teen girls (13-20) over text message with our first product ‘HeyBlue”: a digital big sis who messages with users to curate the Internet based on mood/emotion.
We are currently in the soft-launch stage of our app where users can express their feelings and experience authentic connection with themselves and others around common experiences in an emotionally safe environment. Think Pinterest meets Reddit (without the toxicity). We’re emotional media, not social media!
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual/Communication Arts or related field.
- Available to intern 20 hours per week for at least one semester (we recruit for spring, summer and fall semesters)- potential to extend
- Minimum one prior internship or related work experience in graphic design
- Experience concepting and producing compelling social content for Instagram Feed, Instagram Stories; TikTok, Instagram/Facebook Ads, YouTube, Snapchat all a plus
- Experience designing with Adobe Photoshop and Canva
- Experience editing with applications such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Procreate, After Effects, Avid, Final Cut or Premiere a plus
- Strong design skills and a keen sense for visual storytelling, typography, layout, composition, color theory, information design and current digital design best practices; illustration skills a plus
- Ability to take direction as well as work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction well and be receptive to constructive criticism
- Consistent file management and organizational skills
- Flexible and a positive can-do attitude
- Enjoy working on a small team and independently
- Team player with a startup mentality to do what it takes to complete a goal, no matter how big or small the tasks are
- Authorized to work for hire in the US
- Not afraid to jump in with two feet and try new things
- Familiarity with Gen Z audience
- Open to listening to all types of people’s points of view and ways of thinking
- Comfortable dealing with and helping with the emotions of others
- Have previous internship or graphic design experience in the workforce
- Thinks outside the box – is extremely creative
- Have an interest in the way tech can positively impact lives
- Have an interest in startups or experience in startups
- You’re super passionate about empowering young women
- Everyone has BSE (Big Sis Energy) – Everyone has a valuable story to tell and a unique perspective to share that can help someone. We strive to connect people to the relevant journeys and support of others who “get it”. By sharing your story we can make it easier for those who come after us.
- ‘Should’ Is Optional – Others will always have opinions about how you ‘should’ do things and who you ‘should’ be–believe us we’ve been told that a time or two. Instead of spending time ‘shoulding’ on ourselves, we problem-solve with resilience and innovation. We encourage our users to have the same level of bravery and self-sovereignty.
- Simple Is Scalable – It’s easy to get overwhelmed by problems and buried in indecision and stress. Stop, step back and focus on the next right thing. With focus, we break things down to their most simple parts and find the most authentic and scalable solutions for us and the community as a whole.
- Trust Builds Community – Trust is the foundation of any community and determines our success as a company. We show trust with our users and our team members by listening and welcoming radical candor in return. We trust you to tell us what’s up and we expect you to communicate constructive, honest feedback to help us build the experiences and products that will benefit the entire community.
- Emotions are the Heart Data – Google gave us topical relevance, social media gave us social relevance, we believe emotional relevance is the next frontier of technology- making our human emotions the most powerful form of data. To deliver a personalized, safe and magical user experience, we will translate our users’ emotions, individually and as a community, into data that can connect people with what they need most. We pledge to care for our users’ emotions and data with the utmost care and privacy.
For more information and to apply, fill out an application online: careers page
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com
Blue Fever, Inc. is committed to giving consideration to all talent in connection to employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, we will provide reasonable accommodations to facilitate your engagement in our interview process. In your application, please feel free to note your preferred pronouns (For example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).