Group Financial Security U. S. (GFS U.S.) is a Group Compliance function responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of BNP Paribas’ effort to comply with U.S. and other international sanctions and embargoes.
The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with US Sanctions;
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to US Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group
- Providing advice on situations linked to US Sanctions across the Group
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the US Sanctions related transactions, alerts, and reporting
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo / sanctions lists
- Risk assessing the Group’s branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight framework
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms and policies issued by GFS-NY.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
As a GFS intern, you can expect to:
- Perform analysis of existing and prospective counterparties and their beneficial owners for U.S. sanctions related risks, document and report findings, and communicate to management
- Review of relevant KYC information, including beneficial owners, products/services offered, industry, jurisdiction, and negative news regarding business relationships under review
- Assist with strategic and tactical projects focused on sanctions risk mitigation, transaction monitoring, risk assessments, audits, circumvention reporting, and voluntary self-disclosures
- Partner closely with business and Compliance counterparts to understand sanctions related issues, to process accordingly and provide opinions towards resolution
- Conduct focused or transversal reviews of specified entities across the globe to assess risk monitoring business practices, siting deficiencies and providing recommendations for action plans
- Review regulatory guidelines to draft and approve sanctions related policies for broad acceptance across all compliance teams
- Work with Project and Business Intelligence team as well as Paris and local IT teams to identify, design, and implement technological solutions for streamlining processes, identifying operational risks, and reporting findings to management
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas: The Bank for a Changing World.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.