The Change & Solutions Americas organization works closely with BNPP’s executive management and senior leadership to design and implement high-level, strategically important projects, and shape the development of the Bank in the region (US, Canada, and Latin America). The team delivers value across the CIB Americas and Bank of the West platforms through an integrated and agile approach with deep international interconnectivity across departments, and a strong focus on servicing internal clients.
Change & Solutions Americas delivers change-the-bank initiatives including strategic planning, business development, operating model transformation, process reengineering, and advanced analytics (i.e., Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning). These initiatives cover the full change management value chain from strategy to implementation.
The organization provides its employees with the high-intensity, high-impact training of top-tier consulting firms combined with access to the resources of a premier global investment bank. Our staffing model provides significant independence, international exposure, and opportunity for innovation, allowing you to develop both technical and soft skills. You will be afforded significant autonomy at an early stage and will have the opportunity to work on critical projects directly with senior and executive management. Your work will play a significant role in influencing the future of the Bank.
The team is highly collaborative internally and with clients across the Bank. Engagements can span multiple business lines, functions, and/or regions within various BNP Paribas entities enabling employees to build a strong network upon which to build their career.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to respect deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A keen intellectual curiosity and sense of drive
Change & Solutions interns can expect to:
- Independently identify issues, develop strategies to improve the team’s problem solving process and proactively suggest innovative solutions
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Prepare and proactively participate in presentations and interviews
- Perform creative and effective market research and data analysis
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling individual deliverables
- Provide core Project Management support by understanding the overall project plan and timeframe, keeping to the defined schedule and using discretion to consider actionable next steps
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas: The Bank for a Changing World.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.