Operations mission is to be a valued PARTNER to our internal and external clients, providing the highest quality support and levels of customer service
Operations is charged with redefining the operational platform and instilling a culture of continuous improvement
Operations is committed to the BNP Paribas CODE of CONDUCT and takes pride in the professional and respectful execution of its responsibilities
Operations comprises over 700 people in TEAMS located across the Americas: US (Chicago, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, New York, San Francisco); Canada (Montreal); LatAm (Brazil, Colombia & Argentina)
With CIB Americas Operations, you will gain experience in trade processing, product controls, and project management. You may work on projects regarding:
- Product Control: Ensures trades are accurately represented in the booking systems at any point of their lifecycle and confirmed with external counterparties, calculates and explains the daily economic P&L, controls risk limits & trader mandates, and validates market data used for valuation
- Controls and Regulatory Oversight: Leads the Operations mission to orchestrate operational policy, mitigate risk and deliver a comprehensive control framework across the Operations platform in compliance with Regulatory and BNPP standard methodology
- Trade Processing: Handles the processing and administration of transactions, while ensuring all bank policies and regulations are adhered to
- Securities Execution & Clearing: Manages all trade bookings, reconciliations, allocations, commissions, confirmations and settlement
- Financing Solutions: Handles processing for lending, Trade Finance and Supply Chain activity
- Collateral and Treasury Forecasting & Liquidity Management (TFLM): Manages the operational aspects of margining various Global Market derivatives and repo activities
- Credit Middle Office: Blends a strong business focus while being driven by operational expertise, efficiency, and control
- Derivatives Execution & Clearing: Provides client solutions and clearing for commodity futures, options, and OTC products
- Process Management: Tasked with coordinating, facilitating and driving both strategic and tactical project solutions across Operations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Excel skills preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Willing and able to learn new business processes quickly
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
- Operations interns will receive:
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas: The Bank for a Changing World.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.