Financial Institutions Coverage (FIC) manages relationships with clients including the largest banks, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies, private equity and sovereign nations. FIC originates deals, working with internal product specialists such as Sales & Trading (Credit, G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, etc.), Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Corporate Finance, Clearing and Custody to execute deals and win mandates. You will learn about various products and engage in relationship-based, client-facing projects as you work with bankers who own client relationships, understand a client’s needs and themes/trends affecting the industry.
FIC is at the heart of Corporate and Institutional Banking and focuses on developing and leading global long-term relationships with our institutional clients. FIC Bankers provide:
- Industry-specific expertise focused on banks, insurance companies, asset managers, hedge funds, financial sponsors, and official institutions
- Client-focused relationship management, acting as Strategic Advisors by developing and managing C-Suite relationships
- High quality, customized solutions through our access to resources afforded by BNP Paribas’ global product offering and extensive international network
As a FIC summer intern, you will:
- Work with relationship bankers throughout the transaction origination cycle
- Network with all FIC Client sectors, team members, and product partners and stakeholders
- Research client and industry-wide financial information and market trends to update bankers on trends affecting their Clients’ needs
- Build pitch books for marketing presentations and learn to coordinate with various product groups to prepare Bankers for client meetings and marketing/sales initiatives
- Analyze Client financial statements, statistical exhibits and provide peer comparative analytics
- Analyze and understand Client market share, revenue composition and trends
- Provide Client earnings call summaries for Management
- Present a project on emerging enablers/disruptors (ESG, Fintech and Cryptocurrencies, Private Credit, etc.) that impact the FIC sectors and our strategic plans
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Our internships are a springboard to a graduate career with us, so they are not only highly driven, but intellectually demanding. To secure a place, you’ll need a strong academic background, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to express yourself well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA preferred
- PowerPoint and basic excel skills preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas: The Bank for a Changing World.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.