The RISK Function encompasses more than 400 professionals in the region (LatAm, Canada, San Francisco, and New York) and its main mission is to protect the bank. Risk is involved in credit decisions, market risk limits supervising or operational risk. The function is located in the heart of the decision-making process and critical initiatives of the organization as well as the day-to-day of the Bank. The Risk function is broken into several departments / streams with a unique mission.
RISK Global Markets (Market Risk):
- Ensure high quality day-to-day management of all the market, counterparty and liquidity risks of Global Markets.
- Advise Global Markets in a business minded but independent way on the quality of their risk taking and management.
RISK Corporate (Credit Risk):
- Ensure transparency of material credit risks in decision-making
- Ensure compliance with established limits – appetite and concentration limits
- Approve extension of credit
- Communicate with senior management, auditors and regulators regarding risk frameworks, key decisions and evolution
RISK Institutional and Securities Services (I2S):
- Recommend to Senior and General Management the target risk profile of Institutional and Securities Services activities, in line with the Group target risk profile
- Manage the credit approval process and policies
RISK Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA):
- Gather and transform data into RISK information to provide internal and external stakeholders with a holistic understanding of the Bank’s current and anticipated risks
- Develops the infrastructure (i.e. systems, models and services) to quantify, analyze and report risks,
RISK Operational risk control (ORC):
- Assess the adequacy of the operational risk management set-up with regulation and group framework
- Contribute to the detection, anticipation and response to operational risks
- Ensure effectiveness of the Bank’s control framework by performing independent testing
RISK Independent Risk Control (IRC / Model risk management):
- Ensure high quality model risk management framework is developed through strong model governance and model validation:
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of a framework for managing models
- Setting the model risk appetite and risk limits;
RISK Management / COO Office:
- Ensure oversight of RISK processes and report on RISK activities performance and risk analytics.
- Support RISK in its transformation, automation, processes & governance
- Support the design, development and implementation of strategic and tactical services to support the IHC/Americas RISK Function.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Excel skills preferred
- Quantitative/business experience preferred
- Project management knowledge
- Interest in capital market or credit activities
- Interest in the financial industry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other communication tools
- Not afraid to be challenged by new subjects or experts
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. During the program, you would be assigned to a one of the risk streams listed above to gain an in-depth understanding of the RISK Function. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas: The Bank for a Changing World.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.