Our Global Banking division provides sophisticated and diversified expertise in financing, cash management and financial advisory services for our clients. We combine our global expertise and local presence to better align the complex needs of our multinational clients.
The Trade & Treasury Solutions division provides solutions to improve and optimize the working capital of financial institutions and corporate clients worldwide. This division encompasses five different businesses operating as a strategic unit to address core client needs:
- Liquidity & Investment Advisory: is responsible for increasing deposit volume and quality, by offering a full product continuum and a superior liquidity advisory service for the CIB corporate client base
- International Cash Management: provides strategic advisory and solutions that enable our clients to manage and optimize their cash flows and liquidity worldwide by leveraging the BNP Paribas global network
- Transaction Solutions for Banks: supports the BNP Paribas global network and provides third-party financial institutions worldwide with comprehensive services to meet their domestic clients’ international payment and trade needs.
- Global Trade Solutions: provides clients with services and tailored solutions to mitigate risk, provide financing, and optimize working capital management
- Energy and Asset Based Structured Debt: focuses on providing customers borrowing facilities often secured by collateral to support their working capital needs and/or fixed asset/acquisition financing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internships are a springboard to a graduate career with us, so they are not only highly driven, but intellectually demanding. To secure a place, you’ll need a strong academic background, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to express yourself well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent required in Business Administration, Management and Sales, Economics, Finance, International Business, Accounting, Management Analytics or similar field preferred. We know your aptitude is not only defined by your course work. We are interested in candidates demonstrating their passion in business not solely limited to your degree
- High level of interest and passion to acquire knowledge on various business lines and activities within Trade and Treasury solutions (T&TS) which will result in continued career placement within BNPP
- Self-motivated and resilient to work in a demanding environment with strong time management and problem solving skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues across the group
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas: The Bank for a Changing World.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.