About the Role
bp Castrol seeks to be the best branded marketer in the global lubricants industry. We focus on developing outstanding value for our customers and consumers, through differentiated lubricants and related products, backed by excellent services and people, in an efficient and safe operation. We offer a wide range of lubricant products and services for the consumer, commercial, marine and industrial markets. Our brand portfolio includes Castrol, Veedol, Aral and bp, each backed by our dedication to high performance and leading-edge technology.
In the US, bp Castrol has a well-established reputation for innovation in our product offerings and go-to-market approach. Our premium, high performance engine oils are category leaders and we work closely with our channel partners to maintain and grow our business in a mutually beneficial manner.
Developing future talent through Internships is important to our business. We will offer you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, working in a dynamic, collaborative and encouraging environment. For you and for us, it is an opportunity to explore and evaluate future career opportunities. As part of our internship program, you will perform relevant work within one of our Castrol’s Field Sales functions, gain real life experience, draw on the expertise of BP people and develop skills that will be important to your long-term career. Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time, during summer breaks. Typically there are opportunities in all major areas of bp for students majoring in the key disciplines of sales, business and engineering.
The Castrol Sales Internship program is run out of our main office in Wayne, New Jersey. This office is the hub through which our Regional Castrol business operates. This includes functions such as sales, trade marketing, customer management, brand marketing, supply chain, finance, health and safety, project management and human resources.
Our internship program will include working within our sales function, likely in the areas of trade marketing or customer management. Our interns will also participate in field ride-alongs with our experienced field sales teams. Our interns will own and deliver a business project while employed, and get to showcase their achievements through a creative project presentation to business leaders at the end of the summer. Sales Interns will benefit from an encouraging learning environment to include performance evaluation and feedback, one-on-one coaching and mentoring. Due to this diverse range of activities and ever-changing competitive landscape, the internship role assignments change each year.
In this role, you will partner with an established sales person to develop skills in the areas of customer relationship/account management, value selling, sales presentations, negotiations, and invoicing. You will learn about our various sales channels: Indirect, Direct, Industrial and Key Accounts. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to:
- Partnering with an established sales person in a predetermined US Market to learn about account management, making sales presentations, cold calling, overcoming objections, and placing orders for customers who purchase Castrol products
- Learning about the different lubricant products
- Learning about the equipment and lubricant product lines and how to utilize that information to differentiate Castrol products & services from the completion
- Performing analytical work in support of sales activities
- Developing skills required to troubleshoot and resolve customer product application issues
- Assisting product development group with the testing of products
- Calling on key customers within various segments
- Assuming responsibility for servicing a small group of distributor accounts, working on developing relationship with those distributor sales representatives to grow Castrol Business
- Developing marketing strategies and building marketing plans and promotions
Are you ready to ignite your potential with BP?
Why Join Us?
What we are looking for
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time, usually during summer break. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine collaboration, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology. Our teams come from all kinds of different cultures and backgrounds – so an HR career at BP is always going to be exciting, substantial and full of incredible opportunities.
Every year, we take interns studying a range of disciplines into our summer internship program, many of whom go on to join us full-time when they graduate. Opportunities exist in all major areas of BP to explore your career dreams and develop the technical and professional skills you will need for a successful career, while earning a competitive salary and learning about the world of business.
At bp, we are #oneteam, so the safety of each member of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home and as a result we have implemented a virtual hiring process and are onboarding new hires remotely.
- A cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- BP will not support US Immigration sponsorship for intern, full-time or long-term employment
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute of higher learning
- Geographically mobile and willing to relocate
- Graduating May 2022 through May 2023
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- Proficiency in more than one language (Spanish preferred)
- Related internship or work experience in engineering or supply chain is preferred
Discover your place with us and help our business meet the challenges of the future. You MUST upload your resume plus transcript and complete your online application at http://bp.com/uscampus.
Note: Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure this is the role for you, please return to our Degree Matcher to review your other options.
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We are looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh perspective, collaborative spirit, and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.