The CCI Technical Research Coordinator functions under the direction and supervision of the Senior Research technicians (On call supervisors) in accordance to the policies and procedures of the BWH and CCI. Responsibilities of the coordinator are to carry out major experimental protocol events for human research participants, including Bedtimes, Wake times, Light Exposure sessions, and Constant Routines, as scheduled by Investigators. Other duties include, but are not limited to, collection of data, application of computer monitoring, frequent blood drawing, collection of EEG data, assisting subjects with ADL, weights, vital signs, fluid intake, and documentation. The CCI Research Coordinator maybe responsible as staff member in charge for study event supervision, delegation of tasks and the supervision during shift of staff (undergraduate Co-op laboratory, research technicians and work-study students). The CCI Technical research coordinator is responsible and accountable to the CCI Nurse Director.
College graduate degree required. Prefer individuals with science or patient-care background and interest in scientific research.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to follow directions carefully, and once trained, to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Must possess the ability to continually learn new computer skills and update existing skills.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and to work cooperatively with peers.
- Ability to perform his/her role in a team effort. Initiative and sound judgment are displayed in crisis or unexpected situations. Takes on additional work when the situation requires it.
- Computer experience required.