Location: New York, NY or Remote
Bright Power has been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable buildings since 2004. We believe a meaningful difference in climate change will only be realized if it is easy for building owners to make their buildings better.
Our approach is simple: we find energy and water problems in buildings, we fix them, and we follow up to make sure the solutions worked. Behind the scenes, our unique combination of software, analytics, engineering, and contracting makes it all happen. If you have a can-do problem-solving attitude and are excited to join a company of the brightest minds working on energy and water in buildings, then apply to join our team!
Bright Power is comprised of a team of diverse, talented, and hard-working individuals committed to growing this industry and making a positive impact on the environment. We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage by implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
Bright Power is seeking an Intern to join the National Analysis team who will assist the team’s Energy Analysts with annual compliance submissions for energy benchmarking programs across the country.
The ideal candidate will have interest in supporting energy analysis through detailed data review, investigation, client outreach, and reporting, as well as contributing to process and system improvements for the team.
- Organizing and correcting property and project information stored in Salesforce.
- Organizing and maintaining server folders, wiki pages, and resources.
- Investigating and correcting issues with utility data flow into our EnergyScoreCards tool, including testing utility provider logins, reviewing utility bill images, referencing information from SQL queries, and outreach to clients for information.
- Assisting Energy Analysts with reviews of properties in EnergyScoreCards and assembling information for deliverables to clients.
- Working with clients and utility companies to collect aggregate and whole building data.
- Processing and collecting data for existing properties and feeds.
- Collecting data for new properties and setting up the aggregate data feed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, logic-based reasoning, and problems solving abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with, and/or ability to quickly learn Salesforce or other CRM tool, including associations between objects and data design.
- Familiarity with mySQL databases and queries preferred.
- Interest in learning about data analysis, utility data, and how real estate companies understand and manage energy and water across diverse portfolios.
- Interest in process improvement, operational optimization, and workflow design.
- Passion for sustainability, climate change mitigation, and/or creating healthier buildings.
- Interest in how real estate companies understand and manage energy and water across diverse portfolios.
What you get out of working at Bright Power
- Opportunity to learn about energy management, working with utilities and utility data, and sustainable buildings
- Full-time position at $17 hourly salary
- Training in utility benchmarking and industry-standard software tools
- Networking with leaders across Bright Power’s business units, and connections to leaders in the building and energy industry
- 8 hours of paid time off per month
- Be part of a team that is hard-working and driven, but doesn’t take itself too seriously
COVID Vaccination Policy
As of September 1st, Bright Power will require employees to demonstrate proof of vaccination to work in our offices and/or perform on-site visits. In accordance with state and federal laws, Bright Power will allow for medical and religious exemptions from the vaccine requirement.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bright Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.