New York Compliance Benchmarking Intern
Location: New York, NY or Remote
Bright Power has been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable buildings since 2004. We believe a meaningful difference in climate change will only be realized if it is easy for building owners to make their buildings better.
Our approach is simple: we find energy and water problems in buildings, we fix them, and we follow up to make sure the solutions worked. Behind the scenes, our unique combination of software, analytics, engineering, and contracting makes it all happen. If you have a can-do problem-solving attitude and are excited to join a company of the brightest minds working on energy and water in buildings, then apply to join our team!
Bright Power is comprised of a team of diverse, talented, and hard-working individuals committed to growing this industry and making a positive impact on the environment. We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage by implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
The New York Business Unit of Bright Power is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated person to join our team. We help building owners comply with New York City’s Local Law 84 and 133 and Local Law 33 and 95 data reporting requirements, and we need help to gather, review, submit and store the data required for compliance. The intern will ensure that our data remains up to date, accurate, and complete.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues relating to data access and quality
- Help our New York Analysis team integrate utility account data into our systems
- Communicate with utility companies to facilitate whole building data collection
- Ensure that energy and water bill data from various sources remains up to date
- Ensure timely and accurate transfer of utility data into Portfolio Manager
- Self-motivated and self-organizing direction
- Experience with utility bill data
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with spreadsheet based programs — Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with cloud-based CRM platforms — Salesforce
- Experience with Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Willingness to learn SQL
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback
- Experience in the real estate, energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainability or building operations world
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or similar technical field are preferred, but an equivalent level of industry experience is also accepted
What you get out of working at Bright Power
- Opportunity to learn about energy management, working with utilities and utility data, and sustainable buildings
- Full-time position at $17 hourly salary
- Training in utility benchmarking and industry-standard software tools
- Networking with leaders across Bright Power’s business units, and connections to leaders in the building and energy industry
- 8 hours of paid time off per month
- Be part of a team that is hard-working and driven, but doesn’t take itself too seriously
COVID Vaccination Policy
As of September 1st, Bright Power will require employees to demonstrate proof of vaccination to work in our offices and/or perform on-site visits. In accordance with state and federal laws, Bright Power will allow for medical and religious exemptions from the vaccine requirement.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bright Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.