Email Marketing Associate
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a detail-oriented Email Marketing Associate to join the Digital Marketing team.
You will help scale and manage our email efforts. You will be responsible for email production and execution, including HTML/CSS coding and troubleshooting, QA review, project management and deployment of email campaigns. In addition to building emails and segmentation, this person will be responsible for overseeing and improving the email process workflow.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build (code) HTML emails following design best practices to optimize for all devices and browsers
- Build and improve email automation and triggered programs
- Monitor email deliverability and list hygiene to ensure optimal inbox placement.
- Assist in managing the email production workflow including development of the email production calendar, collaborating with the email and marketing teams
- Set up, configure, and manage marketing automation campaigns.
- Work directly with third parties to troubleshoot, update and build new campaigns and reporting as needed.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized and quality conscious
- 1-3 years of demonstrated success in email marketing production ideally at a consumer retail, tech or media company.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS, specifically around email standard methodologies as well as email design best practices, including responsive design.
- Working knowledge of Email Service Providers and worked in the email space.
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, deliverability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A strong independent work ethic
- Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting capabilities
- Problem solver with an ability to create solution
- Basic understanding of relational database management
- Focused and the ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent grammar, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to find errors and provide corresponding feedback
- Ability to analyze and report on metrics to a group of partners
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.