Retail Concierge (Part-time) – Austin
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Retail Concierge is dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for every Brilliant Earth customer while maintaining a premium showroom environment. You will represent the company, serve as the initial point of contact, greet customers as they enter the retail space, and ensure the best possible experience when visiting our showrooms. Behind the scenes, you will keep the showroom in pristine condition.
The Retail Concierge’s goal is to create and deliver an exceptional customer experience while sharing in the happiest moments of our customers’ lives. You will operate in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple interactions with attention and care. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to work a part-time schedule that includes weekend days.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create a welcoming environment for Brilliant Earth customers by greeting, welcoming, and checking-in guests into our showroom with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism, creating a memorable and personalized experience.
- Proactively assist walk-in customers in our retail space, creating a one-on-one customer experience reflecting our luxury brand and product quality.
- Act as a brand ambassador, communicating our brand values and company mission to walk-in customers.
- Skillfully enforce policies within the waiting room to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for all guests.
- Conduct post-sale appointments to assist and educate customers returning for pick-ups, exchanges, re-sizing, and other inquiries.
- Collaborate with the Concierge team across locations to enhance the customer experience.
Retail Operations & Coordination:
- Maintain luxury showroom appearance, cleanliness, and organization. This maintenance includes opening or closing the showroom and waiting room.
- Conduct weekly and quarterly audits to ensure showroom standards are being upheld. Follow through with resolving opportunities identified.
- Serve as the liaison for all facilities maintenance projects for the San Francisco location.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs as needed. These could include: changing light bulbs, repairing display cases, POS and sound-system troubleshooting, cleaning, and organization.
- Send and receive product from our SF headquarters and external vendors while reconciling inventory within our computer system.
- Facilitate order fulfillment and location inventory counts, including preparing and packaging customer materials, and maintaining an organized packaging area.
- Ensure the security of our product and follow operational policy and procedure.
- Execute merchandising directive from headquarters.
- Experience checking in or serving customers or clients.
- Premium retail, hospitality, or restaurant experience a plus.
- A passion for providing exceptional service and experiences.
- A dedicated desire to connect with customers, solve problems, and create lasting positive experiences with each customer interaction
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment.
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability.
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively.
- Robust computer and technical skills. Working knowledge of Mac operating systems and scheduling / POS software preferred.
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan, and commuter benefits. We offer maternity and paternity leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to WorkLifeMatters, an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.