Brilliant PR & Marketing Seeks Public Relations Press Coordinators in Training (Internship)
Fast-paced, super-fun, and totally out-of-the-box, Brilliant PR & Marketing pushes the boundaries of product marketing every day, finding new ways to get our clients’ products in front of the people who need them. And we need your help!
We’re looking for a Public Relations Intern with a passion for PR and/or Social Media– a go-to girl or guy looking to make a difference and build their skills. Marketing and communications majors are preferred, but we are open to everyone, including non-traditional interns who may not be recent graduates but looking to start a new career.
Excellent communication skills and a strong interest in public relations, social media, and technology are essential. You’ll work within the framework of a super supportive team who’s there to hear your ideas and help you run with them!
Why Brilliant? We are a new type of PR agency – a fully remote (and brilliant!) team focused on delivering results and pioneering the ever-changing PR, Influencer, and Social Landscapes. We give our people the resources and freedom to get their work done without having to sit in a cubicle or stuffy office.
We have three internship sessions – Fall/Winter (August-December), Spring (January – May), and Summer (May-August) – and many interns end up staying for multiple sessions. Active interns get first pick for the following sessions internship spots!
This isn’t an internship to organize files, it’s one where you are truly integrated into a team to understand how it operates and the fundamentals of a strong career in PR. With that, it is critical that interns can meet deadlines, respond to messages in a timely manner, and be proactive in communication to their team.
Potential Responsibilities Include:
- Use technology platforms such as Google Drive, AirTable, Cision, Klear, Google, Twitter, Instagram, and more to assist your team in, research, media and influencer relations, social media, content creation, and more
- Learn how to identify media/influencer targets and assist your team in building lists
- Help your team monitor media, influencer, and social coverage on behalf of clients and create monthly clippings reports
- Learn how to write an engaging caption across Facebook, Instagram, and maybe even LinkedIn!
- Assist team with placing and tracking sample requests and budgets
- Assist with newsletter creation and coordinating Amazon/retailer reviews
- Improve your writing skills but drafting press materials and research material
- Maintenance and updating of critical databases/resources
- Data entry and miscellaneous research to help with projects such as award submissions, event recommendations, planning events, and more
- Excellent writing skills
- Social media savvy
- Strong organizational abilities
- Professional demeanor and a drive to succeed
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to ask questions
- Resourceful attitude and keen attention to detail
Hours can be worked out with your direct team but the majority of hours are expected to be during business hours.