The Environmental & Industrial Services Sector at Brown Gibbons Lang & Company (BGL) is seeking an Investment Banking Associate to join the team in our Cleveland, OH, office.
Investment Banking Associates at BGL have a strategic position and will oversee the preparation of financial analyses, conduct due diligence, develop offering presentation materials, and participate in the structuring and execution of a wide variety of transactions. Investment Banking Associates assume an integral role in transaction execution and client interaction, as well as participation in marketing efforts and identifying prospective clients.
Investment Banking Associate Responsibilities:
BGL Investment Banking Associates enjoy a high level of involvement at every stage of the transaction and frequently interact with senior-level bankers and management of client companies. They are active contributors during every phase of the transaction process and are integral to each transaction team. Additionally, Associates work closely with senior bankers to assist with their new business efforts.
Investment Banking Associates act as primary processors of transactions and proposals. Associates are expected to master all aspects of transaction execution, including new business presentations, financial modeling and analysis, industry research, and preparation of other written materials.
Associates are required to have the ability to work on two to three transactions at any one time. As they become more experienced, Investment Banking Associates will be expected to manage transactions along with senior bankers and help coordinate the activities of team members, clients, attorneys, and accountants.
- Supporting senior bankers in transaction execution and client management
- Performing financial analysis Identifying potential investors, buyers, acquisition targets, or merger partners Conducting industry research
- Participating in new business development
- Cultivating analyst development
Candidates for this position should be dynamic, highly motivated individuals with a sincere enjoyment of their work and should demonstrate a commitment to excellence in all tasks and to the growth of the firm as a leader in the middle market.
Successful candidates possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Two or more years of previous experience in Investment Banking
- Outstanding academic record
- Strong accounting and financial modeling knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ambitious team player with a commitment to excellence
Brown Gibbons Lang & Company does not accept unsolicited resumes through search firms or recruiting agencies.
BGL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.