Brown Gibbons Lang & Company (BGL) is seeking an experienced Investment Banking Analyst to join our Debt Capital Markets Team in our Chicago office. The team is focused on arranging leveraged loans and structured equity to fund LBO, acquisition, recapitalization, and refinancing transactions. The Debt Capital Markets Group works closely with BGL’s industry sector and financial sponsor coverage teams.
BGL is a leading independent investment bank and financial advisory firm focused on the global middle market. We advise private and public corporations and equity sponsors on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, capital markets, financial restructurings, valuations and opinions, real estate, and other strategic matters.
As an Investment Banking Analyst on our Debt Capital Markets team, you will analyze financial statements, build robust financial models, conduct research, help market the firm’s services, and more.
Some Essential Duties
- Perform Due Diligence Analyze financial statements
- Create presentations
- Create dynamic three-statement financial models
- Draft offering memorandums
- Ensure the accuracy and adherence to the firm’s quality standards of all presentation materials and analyses
- At least one year of experience in leveraged lending, investment banking, commercial banking or public accounting required
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent mathematical, writing, verbal, and computer skills
- Solid working knowledge of financial accounting
- Proficiency in financial modeling
- Bachelor’s degree or above required with a concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred
BGL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act), or any other legally protected status for employment opportunities.
- The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position. Brown Gibbons Lang & Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or recruiting agencies without an invitation for submittal.