Are you someone who is looking to start a career in IT? Brown Gibbons Lang & Company (BGL), an established and fast-growing investment banking and financial advisory firm, has an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for an individual that has a passion for technology to assist the firm.
As the IT Intern at BGL, you will provide support both over the phone as well as in-person as needed. The IT Intern will support laptops, desktops, mobile devices, peripherals, printers, and other IT hardware and software. This individual will be the first point of contact for users to resolve all issues, with customer service being the number one priority.
This opportunity is available for this summer.
· Configure and deploy workstations for end-users
· Maintain internal inventory of IT equipment, including peripherals and computers
· Assist with troubleshooting issues and outages on production systems
· Create and maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT procedures.
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Information Technology
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Dependable, team-oriented, positive attitude
· Detail-oriented, with strong critical thinking skills
· Ability to communicate and interact professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Responds promptly to end user’s needs and concerns
· Ability to work both independently and as a team on projects
· Familiarity with Microsoft operating systems
· Familiarity with Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Teams & SharePoint)
· Working towards a degree in Computer Science
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit at a workstation for extended periods. The employee must have the ability to enter data into a computer and operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, printers, copiers, and fax machines
· Normal vision is required
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BGL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act), or any other legally protected status for employment opportunities.
- The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.