In House Title & Department:
P2100027 – Admissions Advisor – Office of Admissions
Posting Number: P2100027
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the University at Buffalo invites applications for Admissions Advisor positions based locally in the Buffalo area with recruitment responsibilities in Buffalo Metro, Florida, California, and Illinois.
UB is seeking candidates who are motivated self-starters who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the geographic diversity and multicultural goals of the University.
The Admissions Advisor designs and implements student recruitment activities that are in line with office-wide strategic goals for out of state and diversity recruitment. They serve as an information and student centered Admissions advisor specialist, interpreting university admission requirements, academic policies and student service procedures for students, parents, and counselors. This position requires a strong communicator with polished presentation skills.
Once travel restrictions are lifted, the Recruiter must be willing to travel to assigned out of state designations and through New York State.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
• Develop a recruitment plan for your assigned territories; scheduling and participating in virtual and in-person recruitment activities including but not limited to high school visits, college fairs, and planning/hosting area events.
• Building and strengthening relationships with high schools, community colleges, community organizations and independent counselors to help increase enrollment to UB. Develop new markets to broaden qualified applicant pool.
• Assist and execute coordinated efforts focused on diversity recruitment activity to include racial, ethnic, gender and identity based groups.
• Extensive travel may be required for in person recruitment to targeted high schools and events in assigned regions to provide presentations to students and parents, attend recruitment fairs and college nights, providing information to prospective students and their families, to include evening and weekend programs.
• Responsible for the processing, documentation and execution of accurate expenditure reporting.
• Developing, utilizing and staying current with communications, marketing tools, publications, computer information and data analysis.
• Serving as a liaison between prospective students and the Office of Admissions; call campaigns, telephone engagement, email communication, text messaging and requests for information, in a timely manner.
• Participation in all on and off campus recruitment events, which will include evenings, weekends and overnight commitments.
• Working with other regional recruitment professionals to coordinate activities and foster professional development.
• Create reports that track progress towards goals and territory data to departmental leadership.
This is a temporary position which terms shall be reviewed annually and may be changed based on the availability of funding.
The University at Buffalo is New York State’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering numerous possibilities for achievement and professional growth in a diverse, inclusive, supportive and creative environment. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further human knowledge and understanding, and produce tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Prior experience handling an array of customer services duties is required.
• Knowledgeable about college admissions and recruitment practices in higher education. Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills are necessary.
• Enthusiasm for higher education is crucial.
• Demonstrated experience working with or in diverse populations.
• Being flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude.
• Strong work ethic and time management.
• Experience working in virtual environment providing outreach services.
• A valid U.S. Driver’s License or the ability to demonstrate the capacity to meet the transportation needs for this position.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
• Master’s degree and prior high school college advising experience.
• Ability in the proper use of a second language, bilingual (Spanish or Mandarin)
• Community Based Organization or Volunteer
• Experience doing outreach to the youth.
• Prior experience executing a high-volume travel schedule.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Open Until Filled