The Product Content Specialist will be responsible for collecting, developing and managing content distribution for customer online channels, including social media networks, websites and blogs, emails, printed collateral and online community outlets. Responsibilities include: Coordinate content between manufacturers and clients, validating content and implementing into database(s), creating content as needed, prepare images based on client requirements, perform category management for strategic accounts, provide sales support and assistance with trade show planning.
R3 Safety is a redistributor of safety and personal protective products across the United States and a subsidiary of Bunzl. At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
- Collect product content, ensure items have all necessary fields of information for marketing and e-commerce presentation on different platforms
- Oversee the addition of new items to the database ensuring all products are displayed in the system in the correct product hierarchy
- Review daily/weekly reporting to identify items that can and/or need to be updated, added, or removed
- Make necessary additions, edits and corrections to product data. Gather information on customers’ reactions to products
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ performance
- Build and maintain a comprehensive controlled vocabulary database
- Use available analytics to maximize search results and optimize our customer’s browse experience
- Build relationships across the organization that will identify product content/marketing/ecommerce opportunities to improve our business and our customer’s experience
- Lead or support product improvement initiatives and other special projects
- Work collaboratively to design new interface and content to make our product offering the fastest and easiest portfolio to navigate, search, and select products
- Responsible for all database activity including: new products, discontinued products, items to be discontinued, and expanding to include additional categories. Quarterly review of data with supplier and strategic accounts to ensure data accuracy
- Assist in marketing collateral development
- Organize updates to corporate website
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data
- Update content solution products for clients
- Provide sales staff new product information, sales data, identifying areas of growth through gaps analysis and support with special marketing requests
- Plan meetings and trade shows by coordinating requirements and developing schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, New Media, Advertising or equivalent required
- Expert in creative and business writing to include a strong command of grammar, punctuation and attention to detail.
- Previous experience with product information management (PIM) software or product databases a plus
- Proficiency in standard MS Office software; strong Excel skills required.
- Must possess strong communication, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Motivated self-starter with the interpersonal skills required to work with others in a collaborative environment
- Creative approach to content strategy and development
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is a plus
- High level of maturity and confidence necessary to interact with sophisticated internal and external clients
- Strong leadership and customer service skills with the ability to ensure that a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Product knowledge with clear technical understanding of services to be able to effectively communicate to customer
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail, flexibility and creativity
- Persistence coupled with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, work with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality of shared information and/or assignments
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.