California Behavioral Care works with individuals with disabilities in the home and the community and helps people reach their full potential in life skills.
Paid training included!
Service Areas: Los Angeles County, Ventura County, Antelope Valley, Sacramento, Madera, CA
Position Title: Behavioral Interventionist
Reports To: BCBA/Clinical Case Manager
Position Status: Employee
Summary: Behavior Interventionists under close supervision of clinical supervisors (BCBA’s. Case managers), implement interventions using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy in 1:1 direct services in order to increase functional skills and decrease maladaptive behaviors, as well as to improve a variety of skills for children with disabilities. The child’s progress is then tracked and measured using data collection. ABA therapy is also used to increase language, communication skills, attention, focus, social skills, and self-help skills. ABA techniques focus on positive reinforcement and reward systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the BCBA in implementing behavioral programming in a 1:1 setting.
- Collects data on all programming and writes progress notes.
- Conducts sessions following the BACB ethical guidelines and ABA strategies under close supervision of BCBA or BCBA-D
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- With the BCBAs guidance, works with clients and caregivers in home and community towards progress in individualized goals
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all client related information.
- Immediately reports to BCBA/ clinical case manager any special incidents/variances or complaints including injury during working with clients.
- Adheres to company policies and consistently interprets and accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains attendance to sessions and meetings and uses excellent communication skills if there are delays from or to an assigned case or meeting
- Appearance is always within professional standards; is clean and well groomed.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills through daily documentation and infrequent overtime for routine assignments.
- Maintains clean and neat work environment.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Implement behavior treatment plans and skill acquisition plans, under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Collect data, calculate percentage and rates of behaviors, graph and record data in appropriate graphs and data summation sheets.
- Record session notes at the end of each session with highlights of sessions including ABA strategies utilized during session
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Run DTT programs (utilizing Applied Verbal Behavior) and Natural Environmental Teaching (NET) programs
- Provide on-going caregiver training
- Collaborate with clinical team members
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or enrollment in a Bachelor of arts or science program that is related to child development, sociology, psychology, or any other related fields
- Working knowledge of ABA with minimum 1 year related experience working with children with special needs, psychology, or any other related fields
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a reliable car, proof of auto insurance and a valid driver’s license
- Proof of TB clearance
- CPR certification/CPI certification
- Must have strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well as part of a clinical team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Multilingual language is preferred but not required
- Therapy activities may require playing on the floor or settings where the furniture is child size
- Careful attention to the safety of the client and surroundings is required
- Sudden and quick movements may be required
- Walking, occasional running, standing, sitting, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, twisting, reaching above head, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Sustained physical activity may be required for up to 60 minutes
- TB Clearance, Clean Driving record.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Implement CPR and First Aid techniques during crisis situations.
- Driving requirements 20-30 minutes.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- This is a part-time position.
- Must be able to work 3-4 weekdays and 1 weekend day.
Please send your Resume/CV via email along with any college/university transcripts.