Under the direction of the FPA Federal Manager, within the FMO, the incumbent performs complex analytical work related to the operations of the FPA Federal Unit. Duties include but not limited to federal activities of tracking program income, state match, and real property, reporting, system reconciliations, administration, and training. The position ensures the quality, accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of workload assignments.
- Knowledge of the State Budget Process
- Knowledge of State accounting and CALSTARS/FI$CAL.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise and exercise initiative.
- Financial analysis, reconciliation, or forecasting experience
- Experience creating and producing financial reports
- Willingness to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
- Technical Guidance (able to explain processes and requirements)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Reporting: The incumbent prepares more complex reports for monthly and annual financial reporting including, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) reporting, expenditure reporting by grant year, program and service location, program income reporting, state match reporting against required match percentages, real property reporting, and preparation of federal audit reports and responses to audit findings. The incumbent establishes, assesses, and reviews reporting mechanisms, dashboards and best practices for critical financial Federal activities. Ensure accurate and timely completion of monthly and annual reporting.
- Analysis: Conducts complex analysis which includes reconciliation of federal funds across financial systems Consolidated Automated Program Enterprise System (CAPES), Grant Management System (GMS), Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS), and Financial Information Systems of California (FI$Cal). The incumbent establishes, assesses, and implements new reconciliation processes, dashboards, and facilitating the correction of identified variances. Ensure accurate and timely completion of monthly reconciliations. The incumbent is responsible for the governance and tracking of chartfields (Project Activities, Task IDs, Revenue GL Account) in Fi$Cal, CAPES, and GMS. The incumbent will review, monitor, and make recommendations on functionality of current financial processes and databases and actively participate in the process of analyzing data from current HCD systems that may need to be transferred to new systems.
- Tracking: Assists with timely completion of monthly and annual tracking of expenditures related to program income, state match, and real property. The incumbent establishes, assesses, and reviews reporting mechanisms, dashboards and best practices for critical financial Federal activities. Ensure that proper processes and procedures are in place and followed for maintenance of tracking templates and corresponding databases and source data. Serve as financial representative to ad hoc groups formed to solve financial and administrative problems.
- Actively support the development of revised business processes as well as assist with the development of business process improvements and strategic planning. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.