Under general direction, the Associate Government Program Analyst, works to provide assistance to the Land Use and Local Government Relations team by completing technical and analytical assignments. May serve as the liaison for Director’s office, Internal Loan Committee, contracts, budgets, fiscal operations, accounting and communications and may assist with the coordination of personnel and facilities matters.
- • Experience reviewing and processing awards, contracts and reimbursements
- • Experience producing and finalizing public facing documents, presentations, and talking points; and developing communications support, including copyediting, e-blasts and social media support
- • Experience developing and implementing organizational systems
- • Experience using a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite – experience with web site design and/or maintenance is a plus
- • Ability to work under rapidly changing priorities and exercise strong time management
- • Experience with local, federal, regional, or state governments, housing and community development, planning, housing element law, land use, climate change, and/or racial equity policy
- Independently performs a variety of data entry, document preparation, processing and final editing, monitoring and tracking work such as approval packages, service contracts, programmatic awards and invoices. Review, analyze, and draft a variety of documents, prepare and process required contract and fiscal documents in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and quality assurances in coordination with leadership and program staff.
- Create and maintain program fact sheets, spreadsheets, infographics, and similar collateral for public facing programs. Coordinate with the Director’s Office, Communications and External Affairs teams on press releases and other external communications, including routing and tracking of documents for internal Director’s office approval. Proofread department materials for grammar, spelling, and adherence to the department’s style guide.
- Coordinate with the Department’s Information Technology Branch on procedures to properly upload information on the Department’s website. Coordinate with the Communications and External Affairs teams regarding staff coverage of conferences and events. Create, distribute, and track post-event surveys.
- Leverage software applications and technology to create and maintain program dashboard that will provide an at-a-glance visual of how a program is performing. Consult with the Data & Research Manager, program managers, and Information Technology Branch as needed.
- May serve as the Division lead for the Department’s Annual Report which includes tracking projects, identify progress, accomplishments and successes reported in the annual report. This may include consulting with other staff in the Department to develop the report.
- Assist with scheduling, planning, and coordinating internal staff meetings and events. Meeting coordination may include planning, logistics, communication, vendor coordination and other tasks.
- Responsible for the completion of other projects, assignments, and Division administrative tasks as assigned.