As a member of the Classification and Certification Analysis Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and applying civil service laws, rules, regulations, and policies to a variety of human resources matters. The incumbent will be responsible for working on matters related to position allocation, organizational structure, reorganizations, out-of-class assignments, pay differential reviews, classification specification revisions, classification studies, and certification functions. This position will also provide the opportunity to participate on project teams.
Please note: The Associate Governmental Program Analyst eligibility list may be used as an appropriate for the Associate Personnel Analyst. Candidates with Associate Governmental Program Analyst eligibility must also meet the minimum qualifications for the Associate Personnel Analyst classification in order to be eligible for appointment.
In addition to evaluating each candidate’s relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Human resources experience or education
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of California State personnel rules and regulations
- Experience in training or public speaking
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE INSTRUCTIONS:
Supplemental Application– To be considered for this vacancy, you must submit a Supplemental Questionnaire (SQ) with your application. The SQ should be no more than two pages in length, and must address the following:
- Describe your knowledge and work experience related to the application of HR laws, rules, and regulations. What specific activities have you performed?
- Discuss your ability and experience in handling a heavy workload with competing priorities, and the steps you take to ensure deadlines are met.