The CalSTRS Investments Branch is seeking an experienced individual to work as an Investment Officer I on the Private Equity team.
Established in 1988, CalSTRS Private Equity program invests globally in partnerships, separate accounts, general partner interests, secondary interests and co-investments. Investments include buyouts, equity expansion, debt-related and venture capital. External advisors support the program by providing investment selection advice, research and gate-keeping services.
Private Equity is a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with opportunities for training and advancement. While collaborating with some of the best general partners, advisors, consultants and attorneys, you will contribute to the success of one of the largest Private Equity programs in the world. Team members will collaborate with the broader CalSTRS Investment Office leaders and engage in projects ranging from evaluation of co-investments, secondary transactions, and other private equity investment strategies.
Come join the Private Equity team as we work toward our goal of enhancing equity returns and ultimately ensuring retirement benefits for California’s educators!
Responsibilities of the Investment Officer I include:
- Performing research, analysis, and assisting in the management of the acquisition and implementation of new and existing investment systems, tools, and service providers to effectively support investment strategies for Private Equity.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of training on investment systems for PE users.
- Performing administrative and operational duties, including approval of trade tickets to capture investment activity.
- Performing investment data analysis, develop reports, and identify data management and reporting improvement opportunities.
- Assisting in the management of a legacy portfolio of domestic and international partnerships.
An Investment Officer I who possesses a professional certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) may receive a 5% monthly base pay differential.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with back office investment operations experience and strong technical ability.