“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
“I can succeed as a Sales Development Associate at Capital Group.”
As one of our Sales Development (SLATE) associates you will receive best-in-class training to develop your financial industry knowledge and sales skills, with individualized development to support your transition from the classroom into your career. You will work with highly skilled and experienced colleagues, building relationships while moving through various experiences in an environment that fosters innovation to serve our investors. After successful completion of the 12-month program, you will be eligible for full-time placement in our Indianapolis, IN or San Antonio, TX offices.
“I can do meaningful work.”
- You’ll receive individualized and cohort-focused coaching and development from your program manager
- You’ll receive technical training on the financial services industry, financial markets, and American Funds products through a combination of classroom and experiential learnings
- You’ll receive in soft-skill training on presentations and consultative solutions, preparing you with the tools needed to drive business success
- You’ll interact with clients to provide education on our products and services
- You’ll have the opportunity to network with and learn from senior leadership throughout the program
- You’ll receive resources and support to prepare and sit for your FINRA SIE, Series 7 and 66 licenses
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You are a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, expected May/June 2022
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- You are an excellent communicator and can generate enthusiasm and excitement for our products
- You demonstrate a high level of time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail with integrity and ownership of work
- You have an interest in the financial services industry
- You have experience in a customer service or a sales-related field (preferred)
- You are willing to relocate to Carmel, IN or San Antonio, TX