Under general supervision, provides departmental support to the Human Resources Department in the CIT Division Office, including administrative support in the management and implementation of human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR/Talent Management Coordinator carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, timekeeping, payroll processing, benefit administration, compensation, compliance, performance management, wellness, and HR communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs data entry of employee data into the timekeeping and HRIS systems.
- Assists employees and management with basic information related to HR forms, benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Runs standardized reports and basic queries from the timekeeping and HRIS systems.
- Acts as primary to ensure prompt and accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll and labor tracking systems for all full-time and part-time employees.
- Assists in the recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt positions including coordinating temporary agencies, resume review, arranging interviews, sourcing candidates, initiating pre-employment criminal and drug testing, completing reference checks, posting positions on recruitment sites, and coordinating job fairs.
- Works closely with Talent Acquisition team to create recruiting correspondence template and streamlining the recruitment process.
- Maintains contact with various sources to meet demand needs (job fairs, employment agencies, diversity task force, publications, social media, etc.)
- Identifies target schools and community organizations for strategic partnerships for internships and other company initiatives.
- Coordinates the onboarding schedule for on-site direct hires and temporary staff.
- Completes I-9 forms and employment verification with E-Verify.
- Performs new hire orientations.
- Completes all verifications of employment and unemployment paperwork.
- Performs other duties in the Human Resources Department as required, to include composing and typing correspondence, faxing, photocopying, assembling new hire and/or exit packages, filing, etc.
- Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Provides coverage for the Human Resources phone line and answers routine questions from internal and external customers.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
- High school diploma or GED
- Associates Degree or certificate in Human Resources, business or related subject or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years recruiting experience inside a fast-paced corporation.
- Minimum 1 year working within a Human Resources department.
- Experience utilizing ADP Vantage or other HRIS preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and make decisions.
- Strong personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Able to maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of payroll and human resources work.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing, and ambiguous environment while maintaining a positive team environment.
- Working knowledge of recruiting and candidate searches in LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Detail oriented, must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously (organization a must).
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.