Under general supervision, provides support to the day-to-day operations of Human Resources Department in the CIT facility, including administrative support of human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee on-boarding, timekeeping, administrative tasks, and HR communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs data entry of employee data into the timekeeping and HRIS systems.
- Assists employees and management with basic information related to HR forms, benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Runs basic queries from the timekeeping and HRIS systems.
- Assists in the recruitment process to schedule interviews for candidates/management.
- Coordinates the onboarding schedule for on-site direct hires and temporary staff.
- Completes I-9 forms and employment verification with E-Verify.
- Assists with new hire orientations.
- Assists with verifications of employment and unemployment paperwork.
- Performs other duties in the Human Resources Department as required, to include composing and typing correspondence, faxing, photocopying, assembling new hire and/or exit packages, filing, etc.
- Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Provides coverage for the Human Resources phone line and answers routine questions from internal and external customers.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.