MicroConnex is an engineering solutions provider and specialty contract manufacturer of high density, flexible interconnect devices and space transformers. Our customers span start-up to Fortune 50 companies serving the medical, semiconductor test and measurement and industrial sensor markets. As a Carlisle Interconnect Technologies Company, our addressable markets are growing rapidly and MicroConnex is seeking qualified, high energy candidates to join our team. MicroConnex has an immediate opening for Production Planner to join the growing team in Snoqualmie, WA.
Production Planner will provide professional materials planning and scheduling support to the organization including close coordination with Sales, Customer Service and Manufacturing departments. Maintains and improves MRP system parameters and planning systems, generates and releases work orders, reschedules by Order Action reports, and maintains area capacity plans and product forecasts. Responsible for internal customer contact in all areas relating to availability of product as well as scheduling and capacity information. Tracks, monitors, and advises management on production plans and schedules in order to achieve planned production levels and to provide excellent customer service as well as meet company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain all MRP or applicable scheduling systems pertaining to the management and scheduling activities required for work order and capacity planning. Communicates with internal customers and coordinates material requirements
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers, other Carlisle facilities and Sales staff
- Monitors, tracks, reports, advises, and conducts production planning processes in order to ensure the organization meets customer delivery requirements and expectations. Supports sales activities, new product introduction, and other customer demand fulfillment activities
- Understands terms and conditions, order confirmation, revision and change notice processes, and other processes within the facility affecting production planning activities
- Maintains and continuously improves MRP system or other Capacity Planning system parameters and processes for effective use of system planning and scheduling capabilities
- Participates in site Sales & Operations Planning processes to ensure assigned scheduling and planning activities and capabilities meet long term sales projections
- Proactively provides schedule and release direction for manufacturing orders within the facility. Coordinate scheduling of orders with sales, manufacturing, engineering/prototype and other areas
- Proactively pursues the elimination of shortages that impact, or may impact production and shipments
- Reviews applicable documentation to determine accuracy and obtain any clarification necessary from the customer, sales, engineers, manufacturers’ representatives, or other functional areas
- Assists in maintaining appropriate inventory levels in order to meet operational requirements, while working with the rest of the Supply Chain Team members to meet the required company inventory goals
- May processes RMAs and other transactions daily using the MRP system and related ancillary data sources/toolsets developed for this activity, including other databases and spreadsheets
- May conduct forecasting processes, help to determine appropriate safety stock levels, and other daily activities to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Performs routine clerical tasks such as proofreading, maintaining logs &/or updating information such as Key Performance Indicators/Targets-To-Improve, SQDC(I) boards, periodic planning reports, other location requirements regarding customer and product quality, service, lead-time, etc.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
*Other duties may be assigned*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent materials management skills including Planning and Scheduling techniques and methodologies, General Manufacturing knowledge, Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), general knowledge of Engineering Change processes, Inventory Control, Transactional Management, and critical thinking and problem solving capability
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement
- Exceptional negotiation and organizational interface skills
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, suppliers, and employees. Portrays a positive and professional image. Ability to establish relations with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds and educational levels
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to job-related situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems (SAP MM and PP module knowledge is preferred).
- Computer skills – General MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are mandatory; advanced skills in MS Office including MS-Access are beneficial
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Two (2) year degree is mandatory. Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical) is highly preferred. Two (2) or more years of progressive experience in planning and scheduling position(s) is desired. Cable and electronic component planning experience desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain industry certifications as applicable to position and value stream that is supported. Including but not limited to; IPC-WHMA-A-620, IPC-JSTD-001, IPC-610, IPC-600 and NASA 8739
- APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete first 3 modules of APICS certification program (or equivalent) within two years of employment is preferred.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.