The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Carlisle Interconnect Aerospace, Defense, and Industrial (AD&I) business unit. The role’s key focus will be on analyzing AD&I results, identifying actionable items, and working with the business owners to improve results. This role will also be responsible for managing the analytics roadmap for the Finance function. They will collaborate with end-users to reduce non-value added work and drive productivity improvements. Additionally, they will develop analytical frameworks for future strategic initiatives, while providing recommendations to senior leadership to drive business decisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze customer and product line trends, profitability, and other relevant information.
- Present data to non-finance colleagues in an easy-to-understand format.
- Highlight and clearly articulate actionable data-driven opportunities
- Collaborate with other functions to further evaluate those opportunities, formulate SMART goals, track progress, and drive to completion.
- Utilize self-service analytic tools to drive greater insights into key performance indicators (i.e. Alteryx, Power BI, etc.)
- Standardize existing business processes to reduce waste (i.e. Revenue recognition, Excess & Obsolescence, Capitalized Variances, etc.)
- Automate reporting and deploy interactive dashboards from which actions can be taken.
- Implement standard data models to support financial reporting and improve the accuracy of product line profitability.
- Create one single source of truth, enabling end-users to reliably extract data & customize views.
- Build data models to enable predictive and prescriptive analytics, specifically contributing to the company’s ability to deploy its annual plan and monthly forecasts.
- Increase the capability across the finance team by sharing new analytics techniques & tools.
- Perform variance analysis to identify root causes behind trends.
- Actively participate in Kaizen events, providing data driven solutions.
- Partner with IT to optimize the data pipeline.
- Complete ad hoc projects as requested.
*Other duties may be assigned*
- Strong technical skills – proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and ERP systems including utilizing Excel to build data models.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining complex financial models and data analysis that facilitate business decisions.
- Highly analytical with the ability to work independently & manage simultaneous projects while delivering high quality work.
- Willingness to invest time and effort to understand business, customers and competitive dynamics to influence strategic business decisions.
- Insightful, consistent and considerate communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Continuous Improvement minded – understands business processes in order to identify reengineering opportunities.
- Dynamic in the ability to work in an environment that is constantly changing and growing.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience collaborating, partnering and driving for results with customers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex financial data for senior executives of the organization and have meaningful conversations on the implications of that data.
- Proficiency in SAP and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) software a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with drag and drop tools (i.e. Alteryx Designer) and data visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, etc.) is preferred.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of progressive experience in operations finance (i.e. cost accountant, analyst, FP&A).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or STEM related field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), or equivalent designation preferred.
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
The position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. The ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.