Carrier is a world leader in HVAC, Refrigeration, Fire & Security solutions. For over a century, we have been developing innovative products and services that have changed the way people live and work. That drive for innovation continues today with a renewed focus on creating solutions that will change the world for the better. At Carrier, we see possibilities in everything.
If you are looking for a role that combines your drive to succeed with a passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated sales and marketing professional to promote innovative solutions with current and potential customers.
We currently have exciting opportunities for entry-level candidates to join our NA Residential & Light Commercial HVAC Sales and Marketing rotation program. This is a twenty-four-month program and consists of three eight-month assignments in sales, channel and product marketing, and pricing. Candidates must have a desire for either a sales or marketing career path and be willing to relocate for rotational assignments.
Successful candidates must possess the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to leverage leadership skills, make effective decisions and possess technical aptitude to assist in meeting customer needs. Other foundational skills for this role include: general HVAC design and application principles, project management, adaptability, analytical thinking, business and financial acumen, communication and presentation skills,
customer focus and achieve results.
Key responsibilities include:
During your three rotational assignments you will gain breadth of experience in sales and marketing including:
- Full understanding of channel to market and how we sell
- Knowledge of competitive landscape and customer segmentation
- Business performance data analysis and sales growth strategy identification
- How to measure key account sales performance
- Understanding of how a dealer meeting works
- Marketing channel growth strategies
- Marketing technologies, analytics, and web applications
- Introduction to product launches
- Conducting strategic pricing studies
- Best practices for providing exceptional customer support
- Exposure to quality and logistics functions
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree w/0-2+ years’ experience
- Aptitude to understand single and two-step distribution channels
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, with superior, follow-through skills
- Strong sense of urgency, self-initiative, quality, sense of ownership, and customer satisfaction orientation
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing business priorities
- Team-oriented perspective; able to work well & contribute with other points of view
- Ability to create strong internal relationships
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail while managing multiple priorities
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint