Carrier Transicold helps improve the transport and shipping of temperature-controlled cargoes with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated transport and cold chain visibility. For more than 40 years, Carrier Transicold has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with the most advanced, energy efficient and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration
systems and generator sets, direct-drive and diesel truck units and trailer refrigeration systems.
We are currently hiring for a Buyer to join our Supply Chain Team. This role will work in a fast paced
team environment dealing with both internal and external customer bases.
Job Description :
• You will directly procure $40-60 million worth of production components.
• Associates are motivated to take initiative while working with different sides of the business
• Our mission is to provide quality service while following company policy and facilitating
seamless order entry.
• Our team works to tackle inefficiencies in a timely manner
• You will establish lines of contact with team members, supporting cross communication and
• Prepare sourcing strategies, run supplier relationships and present alternative solutions when
• Support of multiple product lines, lead and develop a supply base of 60-80 suppliers
• Author/execute strategies that drive supplier cost reduction, quality and accountability.
• Four-year degree required, preferably in a supply-chain related field.
• You should possess 1-2 years purchasing experience.
• Strong negotiating skills in regard to contracts/ pricing.
• You should be able to thrive in dynamic environment
• Have experience in manufacturing industry, OEM and supply chain management is key.
• Our unique environment needs strong written and verbal communication skills.
EEO/ AAP Statement :
Carrier Transicold is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class