Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented college student to join our team for the summer of 2022. The Carrier internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience and the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in efforts to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
The Channel Marketing Intern will assist in leading the development and implementation of marketing programming that will drive volume, profit, and share within the traditional HVAC channel as well as alternative channels to market. This role will assist in leading these activities by building alignment with customers (distributors and contractors), sales leadership (internally and externally), sales field team, brand marketing, digital programs, marketing analytics, and product management teams. This role will develop, implement and measure integrated, comprehensive marketing programs that align with the business’s strategic priorities while increasing demand and preference for Carrier products and services.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your marketing career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a high-energy, self-starter with a strong eye for creativity and innovative thinking.
- Assist in developing, recommending, and implementing marketing strategies, plans, programs, and measures to support and grow sales while improving profitability and competitive position.
- Analyze programs and recommend strategic improvements based on the distributor and dealer voice of the customer.
- Facilitate and coordinate the efficient and effective cascade of information (product, marketing, sales, training, etc.) through the entire channel, including building presentations.
- Work to enhance the current dealer development and recruitment experiences, including events.
- Determine content delivery for key marketing events and manage internal content development to align with event goals.
- Coordinate execution of channel events to maximize attendance and results gained from each event.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Good understanding of marketing principles, marketing analytics, and competitive intelligence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Team player and willing to collaborate with others on projects
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program, majoring in marketing, business, communications, or related field of study
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred