Carrier is a world leader in HVAC, Refrigeration, Fire & Security solutions. For over a century, we have been developing innovative products and services that have changed the way people live and work. That drive for innovation continues today with a renewed focus on creating solutions that will change the world for the better. At Carrier, we see possibilities in everything.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Co-op/Intern is responsible
- Managing and updating EH&S standard practices to meet or exceed corporate guidelines
- Set-up of Carrier EH&S online system to include researching and populating data, scheduling events, and required corporate time-based input
- Perform audits to ensure compliance with EH&S rules and procedures
- Provide training classes for employees as needed
- Research and implement solutions for safety issues
- Engage employees in following safe work practices through interaction and recognition programs
- Investigate incidents to determine root cause and corrective actions. Report to senior management
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in safety or logistics (can be in process),
- The candidate must have a 3.0 minimum GPA overall, 3.2 preferred*
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have a clear understanding of OSHA guidelines or willing to learn
- Passion for providing a safe work environment. Ability to listen to employee needs and quickly act to solve their problems, go above and beyond to exceed their expectations.
- Ability to think outside the box, innovate, take risks and implement sustainable solutions.
- Strong ability to work in diverse, cross functional project teams to achieve high levels of performance in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Be a change agent
- Must have superior skills with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The position is located in Lewisburg, TN
- Role is onsite*
- Applicant must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Duration: 6 months (June 1st start date)