In 1902, Willis Carrier solved one of mankind’s most elusive challenges by controlling the indoor environment through modern air conditioning. His invention enabled countless industries, promoting global productivity, health, and personal comfort.
Today, Carrier innovations are found across the globe and in virtually every facet of daily life. We create comfortable and productive environments, regardless of the climate. We safeguard the global food supply by preserving the quality and freshness of food and beverages. We ensure health and well-being by enabling the proper transport and delivery of vital medical supplies under exacting conditions. We provide solutions, services, and education to lead the green building movement. These mark just a handful of Carrier’s ways to make the world a better place to live, work, and play.
Each day, the team at Carrier is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges in heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, building automation, fire and security systems. To continue to maintain our role as global leaders, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals worldwide to join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking an established Technical Sales Engineer to join our Ashburn, VA team! You will market and sell Carrier Applied and Industrial HVAC products and solutions to current and potential customers within our territory.
Are you focused, driven, and passionate about innovating and developing improving products and systems? Are you looking to combine your technical knowledge with your social skills? Are you willing to work in a dynamic work environment, communicate effectively with your partners, and be able to raise issues openly? Come and join the ranks of one of the world’s most respected, fast-growing, and creative companies. We have an experienced sales team and staff that will provide you the proper training and support.
- Achieve annual sales, gross margin, and market share targets set by management.
- Lead and grow assigned territory and business through existing and new accounts by identifying potential customers and building solid long-term relationships.
- Routinely call on and support our customers, including Mechanical Contractors, Consulting Engineering firms, and Facility Owners / Developers (School Districts, Universities, Hospitals, Private Corporations, etc.).
- Follow-up and close work with customers by assisting with bid day operations and handling post-sale submittal and order entry work.
- Execute take-offs and quotes.
- Promote Carrier’s line card of products, attend trade shows and marketing events, supporting our local educational efforts, etc.
- Assist with project management duties once the equipment has shipped to the customer, including cash collection and accounts receivable responsibilities.
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred w/ 3 yrs relevant experience; or
- AA/AS degree with 5+ years relevant work experience
- 3 years experience in applied HVAC equipment; preferably in sales
- Knowledge of HVAC design and application tools
- Controls experience a plus
- PE Certification desired, LEED AP accreditation a plus
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Close attention to detail is a requirement
- Team-oriented and have the ability to work in a dynamic environment