Who We Are
Headquartered in Seattle, Cascadia Capital is a team of transparent, client-focused, trusted advisors with deep expertise in a broad range of industries. We partner with our clients to deliver results based on our domain expertise, transaction experience, and commitment to long-term relationships. Summer Analysts are assigned to one of our industry teams: Business Services; Consumer and Retail; Energy and Applied Technologies; Food, Beverage and Agriculture; Healthcare; Industrials; Robotics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence; and Technology.
As a Summer Analyst, you will have the opportunity to be an influential team member and work on a variety of investment banking projects. You will assist bankers in analyzing financial statements, general economic conditions and industry specific data and trends. You will also help to develop materials for clients and prospective clients including pitch books, confidential information memorandums, management presentations and financial models. The first-hand business exposure and on the job learning available through this program is unparalleled. Exceptional Summer Analysts will be considered further for full time Analyst positions at Cascadia Capital upon graduation.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and characteristics:
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent writing and research abilities, with deep critical thinking ability
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to research and effectively summarize/synthesize relevant industry, competitive and transaction data
- Demonstrated leadership skills and responsibility, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work well with colleagues and team members, even under time pressure
- Currently a Junior at a top tier college/university
- Demonstrate a high-level of interest and passion for investment banking
- No specific academic major is required; however, basic knowledge of finance and accounting is desirable
- High GPA (3.5+) is preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Competitive compensation
- Cascadia University training program & organized team activities
- Opportunities will be primarily in Seattle, with a few placements in Los Angeles
- Resumes and answers should be in PDF format and be titled as follows: Last Name.First Name.School
- For optimal consideration, applications should be submitted by October 10, 2021
Questions for Summer Analyst applicants:
Please submit answers in short paragraph form
1) Why are you interested in investment banking, specifically mergers and acquisitions?
2) Why are you interested in living in Seattle?
3) Please describe a specific industry or business sector that you are interested in and why.
4) How would you describe your personal work style and the type of work environment that you perform best in?